Saturday, December 13, 2014

Relax

This week's assignments included a sound file for me to review here in my blog. I will admit that the first few moments of listening to this, I thought it was going to be silly. I rarely take the time to be open minded about such things as listening to someone for instructions on how to properly relax. Maybe this is mostly because I feel that there is no time to do the things mentioned in the clip. There is always something else to be done; but I did give it a shot.

I was surprised to find myself doing as the gentleman suggested. I literally felt my arms grow warmer and heavier. I was alone and no one was here to see me melt for a moment, so I just did. The more he spoke, the more tuned out of the world I became. I have never allowed to be taken by someone's words before. I usually just shake my head and continue finding something to do instead. I am really glad I took the ten minutes out of my day to actually listen to the audio here.

By the time it was all over, I felt as though I had taken a nap, drank a cup of coffee, and had a hot bath all at once. This is something I will keep in the arsenal for those days when nothing seems to work out the way I need. I encourage everyone to just take a few minutes when you're alone to see how much better you'll feel after listening to him. I am really glad I opened my mind to the idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment