Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Loving Kindness Exercise

After last week's exercise, I knew that I would have to use my time alone while the children are at school to complete these exercises. No more trying to clear my mind while giggling, footsteps, or any other disruptions are going on in the house.

Beginning this unit's reading during the holiday break, was a good idea as well. Work has been even more stressful than usual. Our children spent a week with their other parents, and like usual, came back with horrible attitudes. I have felt like I was fighting a losing battle. Trying to work retroactively to keep harmony everywhere I go has been nothing short of impossible.

This week's "Loving Kindness" exercise was great to look beyond all of the things that stress me. Feeling warm affection for those who are suffering with whatever their problems may be is even deeper than simply treating others as you would have them treat you. This is beyond the golden rule for me. This is expressing loving kindness to everyone, even those who are not particularly kind or friendly to me. Usually, it is difficult to achieve because we hold onto our own pain, suffering, and hard feelings. I think that this exercise first helped me release my own stress, and then take the negativity that is all around me and relieve that as well. I would definitely say that this week's exercise has been successful for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment